FiSTB started in 2012 to visit universities to support software testing education and career. Best thesis award on software testing was introduced in 2016. Students can also get discounts for ISTQB certificates, e.g. 50% discount on foundation level certificate. For more information see ISTQB® certification exams.
FiSTB awards annually a best Thesis on Software Testing with 500€ in the FiSTB Testing Assembly. Criteria for the thesis to be accepted as candidate is:
- Thesis that promotes testing, testers and testing as a profession in an exemplary way.
- Any approved thesis starting from lower university degree upwards in Finland (AMK, candidate/bachelor)
- Thesis is approved during 1.7.2021 – 30.6.2022
Register your thesis by 31.7.2022 by email: info (at) fistb.fi. Include following information:
- Name of thesis
- Link to thesis, e.g. Theseus
- 2016: Elli Heikkinen, Tampere University of Technology: Testing metrics in a software development company
- 2017: Noora Vainio, Tampere University of Technology: Testauspolitiikan kehittäminen alihankintaprojekteihin
- 2018: Emmi Elo, Turku University of Applied Sciences: Review and implementation of safety requirements for gas monitoring equipment
- 2019: Tomi Ratilainen, Aalto University: Guidelines for creating a testing process for a software – case study of comparing testing of two different size of slot game projects
- 2020: Virve Liimatta, Laurea: Testausprosessin kehittäminen: Xray-laajennuksen käyttö testauksen raportoinnissa
- 2021: Tiina Matala, Oulun ammattikorkeakoulu: Observation on Built-in Quality
- Lempiäinen Tuomas, Aalto University: Test automation on a third party mobile software
If you know any good theses, let us know: info (at) fistb.fi